Thursday, April 17, 2008

McDonalds Premium Roast

Purchased: McDonalds, corner of Liberty and Stanwix, Pittsburgh

Bean Origin: Unknown, and that's probably for the best.

Additives: McCream, which I hope is made by cows in some manner.

Taste: It shouldn't surprise anyone that I'm drinking McDonalds coffee only to review it. Fast food coffee and gas station coffee taste like hot brown water to me; they're probably the only varieties where sugar is required just so I taste SOMETHING.

Burger King was the one exception, their "hi-test" blend actually tasted like burnt Starbucks, and it was clear they put SOME thought into providing a little caffeine kick. McDonalds makes the same attempt with their "premium roast", but the results leave a little more to be desired.

"Premium" must mean "Folgers", because that's immediately what I was reminded of. It tastes like Folgers where they added an extra scoop of ground coffee to make things a little bit stronger. I've certainly had worse coffees (AA meetings, prison, etc.), but this one will never be worth $1.29. Their cup declares the coffee to be "rich, bold, and robust", lies that make me want to spill this on myself just so I can sue them for slander.

This Coffee is Equivalent To: being homeless.

Buzz: The fog I've been in all morning is lifted, but that may have been from the walk in the brisk morning air.

No comments: